Thursday 14 February 2013

Digipack editing


 I have edited 4 photos which I want to use for my digipack using an online photo editing service 'picmonkey.'  I firstly chose the four images I wanted to use for my digipack then uploaded them to pic monkey.


I firstly used the 'Orton Process' and turned up the Bloom to 100%. This made the image look different but I felt that it still needed editing so I tried to find another edit which would make it look better.
Throughout our music video we have used a blue edit, because of this I decided to use the blue edit within cross process which would add a tint of blue to the images. Because I didn't want to have a whole blue image and I wanted it to be quite subtle I changed the fade to 37%.

Another effect that I thought looked good was the Tranquil effect, I changed this to 17% and felt that the colour of the image now looked good enough to use on my digi pack and it was synergistic with my music video.






The next thing I added to the images is a Facial Zoom. This gave the audience a point to focus on as the rest of the image was blurred out. I changed the Zoom blur to 28%, Focal size to 100%, the edge hardness to 5-% and the fade to 70%. Once this was added, round the edge of the photo was not in focus, the main focus was on the face.

Here are the photos before and after.

                 Before                                                                                          After
 


     
                                                                                    



         






No comments:

Post a Comment